Databases are relational structures used for storing data. Databases are indispensable in modern web hosting, and most of the popular CMSs require a database to operate. www.amberit.org at the moment supports MySQL, MSSQL, and PostgreSQL database servers, and enables you to add, remove, and access databases, as well as manage database users. If your website needs a MongoDB or other type of database engines, you can contact our support and we would be happy to assist you since our company is modern and working with modern technology, our IT support are well trained to support you and your website with many modern technology-based systems including data storage systems as databases. We have all the needed technology and experience to provide you with your project or company needed technology.
To create a database and a database user:
1.You would need to login into our hosting control panel ( If you are our customer, then the login link and credentials you already have received in your e-mail, but if you are a new customer who is planning to order our services, then you will receive credentials upon order and 1 made payment)
2. Go to Databases > Add Database.
3. Enter Database name:
4. Select website to what the database will be related:
5. Now we would need to create a database user, the user is the one who will be connecting to a database and fetching data to your website functions, also the user will have permission to insert (write) the data into your database. The connection credentials ( Database server host, Database name, Database User name, Database user password ) to the database server you will need to specify in your website configuration file (Most common developers are creating, that connection information is stored in configuration files, most cases it is config.php or configuration.php in WordPress case wp-config.php).
6. When we have entered the database user's username, now we need to create a password if you would like to enter your desired database user password manually you can do that, but we recommend using Generate so that, the system automatically Generates a safe database user password. Please note, that if for example, your company changes employees who have these credentials it is recommended, that you change your MySQL user password and also update it into the configuration file. If you don't know how to do that, then please feel free to contact our support and we will assist you with this task. Once you have clicked on the Generate button it will generate a safe password after it is generated click on Show button write down the password in a safe place and keep it secure from 3-party.
7. Now when that is done we would need to decide if you want to allow this newly created database user to access your database from any host and any location ( This is not safe ) or we allow the connection only from a website server and www.amberit.org hosted database management system well known as phpMyAdmin ( This option is safe ) and if for example your developer needs remote access and whats to work with well-known MySQL editing tools or you need a connection from different server (Example API server), then either you create additional MySQL user or you can safely Allow remote connections from specific IPs. I this tutorial we are showing you how to allow local connections only so that your website and data stored in MySQL database are safe.
8. But if you want to allow your developer or remote server to connect with the newly created user and perform read/write into your website's database, you can do that safely by allowing the connection from specific IPS. To perform such action you need to ask your developer for his external IP, that he can find at http://ip.me but if you need a remote server to connect to your database, you need to know remote servers IP once you have that information you can do the following as shown in the picture below, in our example we will be using 127.0.0.1 ( This is local IP of our server so that it can connect to the database, and 192.168.0.1 Example IP)
10. And here we can see the result, our new MySQL database is created
If you need some assistance, then please don't hesitate and contact our support.